Summer is about frolicking in the surf, working on your tan, and watching the world go by. But it’s also about slipping on some sandals and heading to the mall, home to stores, snacks, and shows.
Inside Walden Galleria, the largest shopping center in the Buffalo-Niagara region—the weather’s always sunny and the temp’s a constant 75 degrees. More than 200 stores are spread over two levels, ranging from beloved chains like H&M, Build-a-Bear, and Urban Outfitters to stores like Anthropologie, LUSH Cosmetics and Williams-Sonoma.
But there’s more to this mall than shopping. Sponsored by P.F. Chang’s, Walden Galleria's Summer Fun Pass allows you to mix-and-match four entertainment and dining options, from now until September 2. Every pass also comes with free entry to both the Great New York State Fair (which runs from August 21 to September 2) and the Aquarium of Niagara.
With the Summer Fun Pass, you can grab a beer and burger at Bar Louie, then immerse yourself in live action adventure at 5 Wits. You can combat the dreaded summer slide by trying to Escape the Mystery Room, and debrief with your teammates over an acai bowl at Yogen Fruz. Or you can work up an appetite for a custom-made entrée at The Melting Pot with a game night at Dave & Busters.
Adult passes are $50 USD and $40 USD for a child pass. Passes can be purchased at 5 Wits or online.
If the Summer Fun Pass doesn’t have you convinced, here are five reasons why Walden Galleria is way more than your average mall.
5 (more) reasons to head to Walden Galleria
World of Beer | Walden Galleria
1. You can go travel the globe, pint by pint. World of Beer features around 300 craft beers from more than 20 countries. Complement your pour with a side of tater tots smothered in bacon, sour cream, and jalapeños, because traveling on an empty stomach is no fun at all.
2. There are events every day of the week. For example, Microsoft offers camps on such topics as harnessing your hustle, playing with robots, and exploring how social media can be a force for good.
Billy Beez | Walden Galleria
3. You and your kiddies can race the rainbow down several kaleidoscopic slides. Unlike some playgrounds that prohibit adults, the jungle-themed Billy Beez encourages grownups to bounce, climb, and explore with their little ones.
4. You can Shop & Stay. Nearby hotels offer well-priced getaway packages for Canadian travellers. And, when you book your package through Walden Galleria’s site, you get a coupon book with $300+ in savings, a Macy’s gift card, and a tote bag to hold all your goodies.
5. You’ll be #intheBUF. We can’t get enough of this pun-ny hashtag, with its play on Buffalo and summer-friendly attire. Share your pics on Instagram while you shop, dine and play and use “#intheBUF” until July 25, 2019 for a chance to win $716 worth of gift cards to Walden Galleria stores and venues!