• The Westin St. John Resort & Villas: The hotel has converted 186 guestrooms into 94 two- and three-bedroom fractional ownership villas overlooking Great Cruz Bay. Owners and guests enjoy full access to all amenities at The Westin St. John, including the pools, spa, fitness facility, beachside water activities, tennis, Westin Kids Club and hotel restaurants. St. John.
• Pond Bay Club: Luxury beachfront property overlooking Chocolate Hole Bay. 50 three- and four-bedroom cottages and villas have hillside, pond-side and beachfront settings; amenities include access to Pond Bay’s Yacht Club; beachfront swimming pool; beach club; Auberge restaurant; and spa and fitness centre. St. John.
• Paradise Point Tramway: Ride up 212 metres for a spectacular view of Charlotte Amalie Harbour. St. Thomas.
• Buck Island National Reef Monument: View tropical fish and coral at this underwater National Landmark. St. Croix.
• Coral World Ocean Park: Underwater observatory, nature trail, marine gardens aquarium and coral reef tank. St. Thomas.
• VI Sustainable Farm Institute: Explore over 40 hectares of orchards, gardens and expansive permaculture. St. Croix.
• Butterfly Farm: 30 unique species of butterflies from all over the world fly freely; tropical landscaped gardens, exotic flowers and pools. St. Thomas.
USVI Dept Tourism• Duty-Free Shopping: St. Thomas, St. Croix and St. John are all shoppers’ delights.
• Agrifest (February), St. Croix.
• Water Island Classical Music Festival (February), Water Island.
• St. John Blues Festival (March), St. John.
• International Rolex Sailing Regatta (March), St. Thomas.
• St.Croix Food & Wine Experience (April), St. Croix.
• U.S. Virgin Islands Carnival (April), St. Thomas.
• St. John Annual Fourth of July Festival Celebration (June/July).
• U.S. Virgin Islands Lifestyle Festival (July), St. Croix.
• USVI Folklife Festival (August), St Croix.
• St. Croix Blue Bay Jazz Festival (November), St. Croix.
• St. John Christmas Music Festival (December), St. John.
• Crucian Christmas Festival (December and January), St. Croix.
• St. Thomas Marine Sanctuary and Mangrove Lagoon: Naturalist-led kayak tours show the fragility and beauty of the area.
• Annaberg Ruins: Buildings from a Danish sugar plantation; demonstrations of cultural traditions, music and dance. St. John.
• Fort Christian: Oldest standing structure in the USVI; home of the Virgin Islands Museum. Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas.
• Virgin Islands National Park: Hiking trails feature ancient petroglyphs; underwater snorkelling trails at Turk Bay. St. John.
• Christiansted & Frederiksted: Historic towns with heavy Danish influence; charming shops; art galleries and some of the island’s best restaurants. St. Croix.
• Water Island – The Fourth Virgin Island: A naturalist’s retreat with few people and little traffic. Photo opportunities abound at Phillips' Landing, Fort Segarra, several Indian camp excavations, picturesque Honeymoon and Sprat Bay Beaches and many well-preserved ruins. Half-day guided excursions include a ferry tour of St. Thomas Harbor and bike exploration of Water Island. Rolling natural roads lead to an old hotel site, an 18th-century plantation and Honeymoon Beach for a swim. Frequent sightings of island birds and reptiles. South of Charlotte Amalie.
Did You Know?
Territorial Flower: Yellow cedar
Territorial Bird: Yellow Breast
Region: THE ISLANDS
Connecting Flights Via: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New York, Newark, Philadelphia.
Major Cruise Lines: Azamara Cruiselines, Carnival Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruises Inc, Crystal Cruises, Cunard Cruise Line, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America, MSC Cruise Lines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Oceania Cruise Lines, P & O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Regent Cruiselines, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Seabourn Cruises, Silversea Cruises.
Sales Tools: Visit www.visitusvi.com/travel_agents to become a USVI Travel Specialist.
Info: U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism