• Wine & Cheese Tours: Visit boutique wineries and tour family farms that produce delectable cheeses.
• Chocolate & Martini Tours: Sample an array of martinis and chocolates at cozy bars/restaurants and confectionary shops across the state.
• Brewery Map & Tours: Highlights tour of 16 breweries and fun facts. Features wide range of award-winning breweries, microbreweries and brew pubs. Statewide.
• The McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center: New England’s premier air and space science centre. Concord.
Caption for 412-28:
Portsmouth, filled with cobblestone walkways, boutiques, ethnic restaurants, lively music and cultura scene is a recent winner of the Distinctive Destination Award given by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
NHDTTD/Ralph Morang• Strawbery Banke: Experience how people lived & worked in this typical American village throughout four centuries. Portsmouth.
• Mt. Washington: Hike; take the Cog Railway; or the Mt. Washington Auto Road to the top of Mt. Washington, the highest peak in the northeast at 1,917 metres.
• Hampton Beach Master Sand Sculpting Competition (June), Hampton Beach.
• Fields of Lupine Festival (June), Franconia, Sugar Hill & Easton.
• Lanconia Bike Week (June), Weirs Beach.
• League of New Hampshire Craftsmen Fair (August), Sunapee.
• New Hampshire Highland Games (September), Lincoln.
• Hampton Beach Seafood Festival (September), Hampton Beach.
• Keene Pumpkin Festival (October) Keene.
• Lakes Region: Features more than 270 lakes and ponds; swimming; boating; campgrounds; and bed and breakfast inns.
• Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region: Quiet country roads, rolling farmland, pristine lakes and rich cultural activities for children and adults.
• Monadnock: Typical New England countryside with small villages, rolling farmland and the occasional mill.
• Merrimack Valley: Home to the state capital and a hub for business, arts, cultural attractions and historic sites.
• Seacoast: 29 kilometres of sandy beaches, working ports, offshore islands and popular resort towns.
• White Mountains: 20 peaks including Mount Washington, the highest in the Northeast; White Mountain National Forest.
• Great North Woods: For sporting adventures such as fishing, camping, hiking, boating, wildlife watching and snowmobiling.
• Northern Forest Canoe Trail: Canoe or kayak along one of the most beautiful and serene sections of the Connecticut River. Canoe/kayak/guide rentals available.
• Flume Gorge: This natural gorge was discovered in 1808. The visitor centre hosts a movie showcasing Franconia Notch State Park, ticket office, information centre, cafeteria, gift shop and the historic Concord Coach.
•Canterbury Shaker Museum: Considered one of the most intact and authentic surviving Shaker community sites in America. Daily tours offered at this fascinating museum and village.
Did You Know?
State Motto: Live Free Or Die
State Flower: Purple Lilac
State Bird: Purple Finch
Region: NEW ENGLAND
America’s Byways: Connecticut River Byway, Kancamagus Scenic Byway, White Mountain Trail.
Direct Flights: Air Canada
Sales Tools: NH Visitors Guide; The Maple Gazette quarterly e-newsletter; brochures in English and French, comprehensive website – travel trade section
Info: New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism Development
Image Via: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jariceiii/
New Hampshire - The Granite State
Aug 12, 2010
Aug 12, 2010
- Insider guides to everywhere
- Win trips to exotic locations
- Exclusive travel deals & discounts
Take a Walk on the Wild Side of Panama City Beach
We're revealing where you can enact a desert island fantasy, find armadillos and dig for treasure
Becoming a Traveller Again, in Hong Kong
Getting dumped mid-trip was not on Candice Walsh's travel itinerary - until it was.
Asturian Sidra: Forget Everything You Think You Know About Cider
Back at home, the cider I know is a sweet, summery beverage.
The Cabo You Don't Know: Sleeping in Tree Houses and Tide-to-Table Dining
This is not the Mexican all-inclusive resort buffet you've eat at.
LAX is Becoming an Airport Travellers Want to Layover At (Actually)
Dogs, art, VIP celebrity treatment and Angelino eats - LAX is not the airport it used to be.