Missouri Division of TourismWhat’s New
• Outlaw Run: Reaching a top speed of 68 mph, this is the second-fastest wood roller coaster on the planet. Silver Dollar City Theme Park, Branson.
• Isle Casino: Missouri’s newest riverboat casino brings the total number of casinos to 13. Cape Giradeau.
• Harry S Truman Courtroom And Office: The office and courtroom used by Harry S Truman while he served as presiding judge of the county court during the 1930s is reopening after a major, multimillion dollar renovation. Independence.
• ‘Dinosaurs Alive!’: The World of Fun Theme Park features more than 35 life size dinosaur figures, including the world's largest animatronics dinosaur, the Ruyangosaurus, which stands at nearly 12 metres tall. Kansas City.
• St Louis Art Museum East Building: This $150 million expansion to the world renowned Art Museum adds more than 18,581 square metres of new space. St Louis.
• St Louis Science Center Flight Simulator: One of the top 10 science centres in the US. The new flight simulator offers high-tech, 3D technology, giving guests a five-minute, exhilarating ‘flight’ in various aircraft. St Louis.
Missouri Division of TourismAttractions
• Wineries: Missouri has more than 110 wineries located throughout the state.
• The Gateway Arch: The 192-metre-high arch is the tallest national monument in the US. St Louis.
• National Churchill Museum: Sir Winston Churchill delivered a speech entitled ‘The Sinews of Peace’ at Fulton’s Westminster College in 1946. It is better known as the ‘Iron Curtain Speech’, because of the phrase: "An Iron Curtain has descended across the Continent". This is the only museum in North America dedicated to the life of Churchill. Outside, a sculpture is constructed from eight consecutive sections of the actual Berlin Wall. Fulton.
• Lake of the Ozarks: A tourist and outdoor-enthusiasts Mecca, this lake has more shoreline than the entire coastline of California. Central Missouri.
• Osage Beach Premium Outlets: Home to more than 110 designer and brand outlet stores, plus restaurants and a multi-screen movie theatre. Lake of the Ozarks.
• Titanic Museum Attraction: This one-of-a-kind adventure is the world’s largest museum attraction, dedicated to life aboard the Titanic. Branson.
• Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World – Springfield: This megastore, which draws more than four million visitors annually, is said to be the second most popular tourist attraction in Missouri. Springfield.
• Dogwood-Azalea Festival (April), Charleston.
• Jiggle Jam Family Music Festival (May), Kansas City.
• Bushwhacker Days (June), Nevada.
• National Tom Sawyer Days (July) Hannibal.
• Trails West (August), St Joseph.
• American Royal World Series Of Barbecue (September & October), Kansas City.
• Oktoberfest (October), Hermann.
Missouri Division of TourismPlaces
• Kansas City: Known for its swinging jazz, mouth-watering barbecue, arts scene and more fountains than any other city in the world, except Rome, Italy.
• St Louis: The Gateway to the West boasts a wealth of attractions, entertainment, and dining options.
• Jefferson City: The state capitol is one of the most striking government buildings in America.
• Saint Charles: The 13-block brick-paved Main Street, along the Missouri River, offers a multitude of shops, restaurants and a casino.
• Ste Genevieve: Founded about 1735, this is the oldest European settlement West of the Mississippi River. It is home to the greatest concentration of French Colonial buildings in North America.
• Jamesport: The largest Old Order Amish Settlement West of the Mississippi River.
Did You Know?
• State Motto: The Welfare Of The People Shall Be The Supreme Law
• State Flower: Hawthorn
• State Bird: Bluebird
• Region: GREAT FRONTIER
• America’s Byways: Crowley’s Ridge Parkway, Little Dixie Highway of the Great River Road.
• Direct Flights: Air Canada, United Airlines.
• Sales Tools: The official tourism website, www.visitmo.com, includes thousands of business and event listings, a vacation planner, image library, sample itineraries, interesting articles, and maps.
• Info: Missouri Division of Tourism
Missouri 2013 - The Show-Me State
Sep 10, 2013
Missouri Division of TourismWhat’s New
- Insider guides to everywhere
- Win trips to exotic locations
- Exclusive travel deals & discounts