- 7 ZIPLINES: There are now ziplines at Wallace, Schweitzer, Tamarack, Horseshoe Bend, Twin Falls, Heise and Lava Hot Springs.
- CRUISES: McCall Lake Cruises are now available on Lake Payette, McCall.
- MUSIC FESTIVAL: Boise’s TreeFort Music Festival takes place in mid-March.
- FILM FESTIVAL: Sun Valley Film Festival takes place in March.
- PRIVATE IDAHO: Rebecca’s Private Idaho bicycling event takes place in Sun Valley in late August.
- Whitewater Rafting: The Idaho Whitewater Trail offers more than 4,800 kilometres of white water.
- Ski Resorts: All-season playgrounds like Sun Valley, Schweitzer Mountain and Brundage Mountain.
- Bruneau Dunes: This is the tallest single-structured sand dune in North America. Near Mountain Home.
- Wallace/Silver Valley: This historic mining town boasts attractions such as the Route of Hiawatha Biking Trail and the Oasis Bordello Museum.
- International Selkirk Loop: A 450-kilometre drive encircling the spectacular Selkirk Mountains in Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho and South Eastern British Columbia.
- Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival (February), Moscow.
- Dogwood Festival (April), Lewiston.
- Lost In The 50s Car Show (May), Sandpoint.
- National Old Time Fiddlers’ Contest & Festival (June), Weiser.
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival (June to September), Boise.
- Western Idaho State Fair (August), Boise.
- Ketchum Wagon Days (September).
- Art In The Park (September), Boise.
- Sun Valley Jazz Jamboree (October).
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl College Football Game (December), Boise.
- Festival At Sandpoint (August), Sandpoint.
- Boise: The state capital has a vibrant art, cultural and museum district with a greenbelt that links to seven parks along the riverfront.
- Coeur d’Alene: Located on beautiful Lake Coeur d’Alene, this mountain town offers hiking, biking, fishing and camping.
- Hells Canyon: North America’s deepest river gorge. Between Cambridge and Lewiston on the Sanke River.
- McCall: Skiing, snowmobiling and sledding in winter, and boating, hiking, camping and fishing in summer months.
- Sandpoint: Located on Lake Pend Oreille, the area offers hiking, biking, fishing, water sports and camping.
- Craters Of The Moon National Monument And Preserve: Unusual landscapes and lava fields. Near Arco.
- Hagerman Fossil Bed National Monument: Discover one of the richest fossil deposits from 3.5 million years ago. Near Twin Falls.
- Wilderness Guest Ranches: Horse riding, fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing and relaxation.
- Mesa Falls: South of West Yellowstone on the Mesa Falls Scenic Byway.
Did You Know?
- State Motto: It Is Perpetual
- State Flower: Syringa
- State Bird: Mountain Bluebird
- Region: MOUNTAIN WEST
- America’s Byways: International Selkirk Loop, Northwest Passage Scenic Byway, Payette River Scenic Byway, Pend Oreille Scenic Byway, Pioneer Historic Byway, Western Heritage Historic Byway.
- Connecting Flights Via: Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, Houston and Spokane.
- Shopping: Boise Towne Square Mall, Downtown Boise, The Village at Meridian.
- Info: Idaho Tourism