Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA)/Tor Johnson
• HIT THE ROAD: Guests of Four Seasons Resort Lanai can now hit the road with a series of complimentary guided hikes. Lanai.
• CIRCUS STYLE: From August, a new 400-seat theatre at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort will host CabaRAE, a new variety show directed by former Cirque du Soleil director Alan Goldberg. Oahu.
• HYATT REVAMP: The Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa has completed a $12 million revamp that includes upgrades to 21 Ocean Suites and seven Deluxe Ocean Suites. Maui.
- Waimea Canyon: This geological wonder is 22 kilometres long, 1.6 kilometres wide and more than 1,000 metres deep. Kauai.
- Iolani Palace: Once home to the last reigning monarchs of the Hawaiian Kingdom and the only official state residence of royalty in the U.S. Oahu.
- Haleakala National Park: See the splendour of Maui at the majestic Haleakala, or ‘House of the Sun’, a 3,000-metre-high volcano with a crater more than 12 kilometres long. Maui.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Home to two of the world’s most active volcanoes, Kilauea and Mauna Loa. Hawaii Island.
- Big Island Chocolate Festival (May), Hawaii Island.
- Mele Mei (May), Statewide.
- Hawaii Food & Wine Festival (August & September), Hawaii Island, Oahu and Maui.
- Aloha Festivals (September), Oahu.
- Vans Triple Crown Of Surfing (November & December), Oahu.
- Chinatown: The historic buildings of Chinatown feature art galleries, unique restaurants and Hawaii’s hippest bars. Oahu.
- North Shore: Take in the sights of surfing competitions or ride the waves at Pipeline and Sunset Beach. Oahu.
- Upcountry Maui: The elevations around Haleakala are home to the charming towns of Kula and Makawao, where roadside stands serve up fresh fruits and homemade banana bread. Maui.
Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA)/Max Wanger
- Authentic Oahu: Stroll through ‘mom and pop’ shops and multicultural eateries dotted along Kapahulu Avenue on the edge of Waikiki. Oahu.
- Coffee Culture: Hawaii grows and harvests coffee beans. Statewide.
Did You Know?
- State Motto: ‘Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ‘Aina i ka Pono’ – The Life Of The Land Is Perpetuated In Righteousness
- State Flower: Yellow Hibiscus
- State Bird: Hawaiian Goose
- Region: THE ISLANDS
- Airlines: Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, WestJet.
- Cruise Lines: Carnival, Celebrity, Crystal, Cunard, Holland America, Norwegian, Princess, Royal Caribbean, Disney.
- Shopping: Ala Moana Center and Pearlridge Center on Oahu. The King’s Shop and The Shops at Mauna Lani on Hawaii Island. Whalers Village and Maui Mall on Maui. Kinipopo Shopping Village and Kukuiula Village on Kauai.
Info: Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau