• Delaware Geocaching Trail: An adventurous scavenger hunt using GPS technology to seek hidden treasures, and explore all the historical and cultural gems in the First State.
Nassau Valley Vineyards• Delaware Wine & Ale Trail: A statewide journey to discover and experience a unique collection of craft breweries and wineries.
• Hagley Museum & Library: Dedicated to American industry, located along the Brandywine River. The site includes restored mills, a workers’ community, and the ancestral home and gardens of the du Pont family. Wilmington.
• One-stop Entertainment: Three gaming facilities – one in each region of the state – deliver high-energy stage shows, action-packed spectator sports and high-quality dining. Delaware Park, Wilmington; Dover Downs, Central Delaware; and Midway Slots and Simulcast near the beaches.
• Rehoboth Beach Museum: Learn local history and view artifacts; including an original map of the area when it was a Methodist camp town. Rehoboth Beach.
• NASCAR Races (June & September), Dover.
• DuPont Clifford Brown Jazz Festival (June), Wilmington.
• Nanticoke Riverfest (July), Seaford.
• Delaware State Fair (July), Harrington.
• World Championship Punkin’ Chunkin’ (November), Millsboro.
• Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival (November).
• Old New Castle: Restored colonial capital on the Delaware River. Authentic historical site with original courthouse, mansions, gardens, bed and breakfasts, restaurants and shopping opportunities.
• Beaches: 40 kilometres of sandy beaches – rated among the cleanest in the nation by the Clean Beaches Council.
• Riverfront Wilmington: Unique cultural and entertainment destination with restaurants, shops, museums, sports and entertainment in a waterfront setting. Learn the history of the Christina River on a water taxi tour.
• First State Heritage Park: This urban “park without boundaries” links historic and cultural sites in one of America’s most beautifully preserved capitol complexes. Features museums, walking tours and special activities. Dover.
• Fort Delaware: Civil War-era fortress and prison to more than 30,000 Confederate, Federal and political prisoners. Hosted by interpreters in period attire.
• Historic Houses of Odessa: A tour of restored 18th- and 19th-century houses.
Did You Know?
State Motto: Liberty and Independence.
State Flower: Peach Blossom
State Bird: Blue Hen, mascot of Delaware’s Revolutionary War soldiers
America’s Byways: Brandywine Valley Scenic Byway.
Connecting Flights Via: Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C.
Sales Tools: Visitor Guide
Info: Delaware Tourism Office