Colorado Tourism Office
- INTERESTING ACCOMMODATION: Denver’s new Union Station is set to become the ‘Grand Central Terminal’ of Colorado. The Station’s new 112-room Crawford Hotel features Pullman rooms based on luxury railroad sleeping cars.
• ALL ABOARD: This summer the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad is introducing its newest specialty train this year, the 1925 Durango Brew Train.
• UP ON THE ROOF: The largest outdoor deck and bar in baseball history, The Rooftop, is now open at Coors Field. Denver.
• SKI RACING: The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships will take place in Vail and Beaver Creek, bringing the world’s best ski racers to Colorado.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: A 10-hectare urban oasis that is considered to be one of the top botanical gardens in the U.S.
• Dude Ranches: Staying on a Colorado Dude Ranch is the best way to have a true Western experience.
• Denver Beer Trail: Denver is often called the "Napa Valley of Beer." More beer is produced in metro Denver than any other urban region in the U.S.
- The Ouray Ice Festival (January), Ouray.
- The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships (February), Vail and Beaver Creek.
- Aspen Food & Wine Classic (June), Aspen.
- Annual Telluride Balloon Festival (June), Telluride.
- Colorado State Fair (August & September), Pueblo.
- The Great American Beer Festival (October), Denver.
Colorado Tourism Office
- Garden Of The Gods: A registered National Natural Landmark with towering sandstone rock formations against a backdrop of snow-capped Pikes Peak. Colorado Springs.
• Mesa Verde National Park: The largest archaeological preserve in the U.S. features the cliff dwellings of the Anasazi people.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park And Preserve: Home to some of the highest sand dunes in the U.S. – standing at 2,438 metres high. Southern Colorado.
- Wineries: Colorado boasts more than 100 wine producers.
• Ashcroft Ghost Town: This restored ghost town hails from the silver mining days of the late 1900s. South of Aspen.
• Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Museum: See more than 60 original and restored vintage motorcycles. Colorado Springs.
Did You Know?
- State Motto: Nothing Without Providence
- State Flower: Rocky Mountain Columbine
- State Bird: Lark Bunting
- Region: MOUNTAIN WEST
- America’s Byways: Colorado River Headwaters Byway, Dinosaur Diamond Prehistoric Highway, Frontier Pathways Scenic and Historic Byway, Gold Belt Tour Scenic and Historic Byway, Grand Mesa Scenic and Historic Byway, San Juan Skyway, Santa Fe Trail Scenic and Historic Byway, Top of the Rockies, Trail of the Ancients, Trail Ridge Road/Beaver Meadow Road.
- Direct Flights: Air Canada, United.
- Shopping: Outlets at Silverthorne, Pearl Street Mall in Boulder, The Village in Estes Park, Cherry Creek Shopping Center in Denver.
- Info: Colorado Tourism Office
(855) 686-0110 (Toll Free)