Atlantic City Ranks As One Of The Most Romantic In The U.S.A.
Photos Atlantic City CVB
Atlantic City has been named the 4th Most Romantic City in the United States by OpenTable, the online restaurant reservations site that connects diners with restaurants worldwide. Who knew?
The OpenTable Most Romantic Cities Index was calculated using three variables: the percentage of restaurants rated "romantic" according to diner reviews; the percentage of tables seated for two; and the percentage of people who dined out for Valentine's Day.
Atlantic City ranked higher than several major cities, including Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Miami, and Boston. San Antonio, St. Louis and Providence, Rhode Island ranked first, second and third, respectively.
A romantic dinner is fine, but Atlantic City also has several romantic hotspots that are perfect for popping the big question. Check out:
- Sky Garden at Revel - Perched high above the sea, the Sky Garden at Revel features breathtaking panoramic ocean views along with a tranquil setting complete with more than 20,000 plants, native pine trees, outdoor fire pits and stunning views of sunrises and sunsets. www.revelresorts.com/resort/venues/skygarden
- Atlantic City Cruises - When the warm summer months come to the shore, hop on board an oceanfront/bayfront cruise for great views of the city, watching dolphins frolic in nearby waters or just kick back and relax with friends. www.atlanticcitycruises.com/
- Historic Absecon Lighthouse - The most stunning panoramic views await you and your loved one - after completing the 228-step climb. www.abseconlighthouse.org/
- The Pier Shops at Caesars - Located on the former site of the famous Million Dollar Pier, The Pier Shops at Caesars offers one-of-a-kind views in a setting that is second to none. Two decks protrude off the back of the pier and offer spectacular ocean views at sunrise and sunset for that magical romantic moment. www.thepiershopsatcaesars.com/
- Heartwalk Sculpture - With the Atlantic Ocean and its sandy beaches as a backdrop, the Heartwalk Sculpture, located on the Boardwalk at New York Avenue, is the perfect place to show your loved one that he or she is in your heart. The Heartwalk was built entirely from hundreds of wooden planks salvaged from the boardwalks of The Rockaways in Queens; Long Beach, NY; Sea Girt, NJ; and Atlantic City, NJ after Hurricane Sandy. At night, the Heartwalk is illuminated a bright red. www.atlanticcitynj.com/visitors/thingstodo/heartwalk.aspx
- Bally's Atlantic City - The first major renovation since 2008 revamps its gaming floor. Newly installed carpeting, a fresh paint job, plush chairs at table games and slots, state-of-the-art signage and colour-coded slots sections are among the improvements that also include a new layout, pulling high-energy games, currently hidden within the gaming pits, out to the edges of the walkway.
- Noyes Arts Garage of Stockton College - The new home to the Atlantic City branch of the African-American Heritage Museum of Southern New Jersey houses a variety of artists and craftsmen including The Art of Kuzma, Ivy Cottage Baskets, AC Oriental Art Gallery, Eco4u Boutique and Anatolia Art & Craft Studio and includes space for exhibits, demonstrations, lectures and events. Future plans include the opening of a cafŽ and the arrival of the Atlantic City Arts Center.
The Steel Pier, one of the Boardwalk's most storied landmarks, is set to become a year-round attraction when a three-phase makeover is complete.
- Steel Pier - One of the Boardwalk's most storied landmarks is set to become a year-round attraction when a three-phase makeover is complete. New amusement rides, a food court and arcade area were completed in June 2012. Phase II includes plans for a new museum, retail entertainment space and a 61-metre high Ferris wheel. The third and final phase calls for a new version of the Marine Ballroom with 2,000 seats and a stage. Removable seats will ultimately allow for the ballroom to serve as a dance hall, concert arena or wedding chapel. The renovations are expected to be complete in 2015.